Hi I'm Thomas Ray
I develop highly accurate and detailed props and vehicles for simulators and games with a need for trucks, planes, tanks, you name it!
As Graduate of Champlain College I keep pushing myself to learn new processes, software, and new industry standards.
I've spent a good amount of time collecting vast resources of images, drawings, and technical documentation of all kinds for my projects. I love transitioning from 3d modeling to the textures and weathering down the model.
In late 2020, I became a founding member of Airplane Simulation Company LLC. or for short; ASC. We specialize in developing highly accurate and detailed aircraft 3d models, avionics, flight control logic and systems, and complete flight models based on test data publications, direct pilot feedback, and raw aeronautical engineering. If there is a part, a screw, a movement, our simulation of the air frame will have it. Currently we are primarily focused in developing our products for DCS with aspirations to grow to more platforms.
Producing highly accurate vehicles for commercial flight simulators.
- Create and manage complex 3D assets.
- Develop new asset creation and implementation pipelines for different simulators.
- Manage 3d asset development and scheduling.
- Maintaining consistant art quality between different projects.
- Manage art team members and schedule assets based off workload, complexity, and size.
- 3D model large aircraft and aircraft parts.
- Managing the art team repositorys.
- Create new shaders to work with next generation game engines.
- Develop accurate models from engineering drawings, images, and direct measurements.
- Develop assets compatable with VR.
- Implementation of assets into game engines.
- Work with SME's (Subject Matter Expert) to ensure accurate 3d modeling and texturing from reference images.
One of the tasks I was given was creating a large set of modular gun parts for the games random gun generator system. I modeled and textured 35 different gun parts to allow over a million plus combinations of guns with which each part had its own properties that affected the users game play. Each gun was 3d modeled and then each UV was cut up and placed in specific sets of tiles to work with cell shading. The game made use of a modifiable cell shaded structure so that any color can be changed to match the level's environment or characters customization.
Another aspect of my job was creating several vehicles and props to use in cut scenes as well as to populate the maps for each level. I created a sci-fi dinosaur skeleton, modular assets such as rocks, trees, and general miscellaneous props.
- Vehicle Design & Creation
- Modular Weapon Design & Creation
- Prop Creation
- Unity Level Populating